Monday, December 15, 2008

Something new

I was working on an ornament project last night, something that had been in my head for some time now, when all of a sudden the project turned into something different. I love when that happens! (I believe in happy accidents) So what had started out as ornament has turned into brooches and I have to say I'm pretty excited about them. They're so..so..me. Ok, so anything with moss and nature is pretty much me, but nonetheless... It feels good to be excited about a new project.


What I've done is made a nest from a piece of felted sweater and sewn in some bead eggs and attached it to a bed of "moss" (wool locks) and sewn in some teeny tiny wool leaves that I made, also of felted sweater. I sewed the moss and nest onto a backing and added a pinback.


I hope to get these in my Etsy shop this week, but am quite certain I'll be making one for myself in the meantime. :D


9 comments:

Brittany Noel said...

These are great! I'm happy to see you so excited about them. Can't wait to see one on, nudge nudge!

Shealyn's Mama: said...

oh, me likey! these are gorgeous... cannot wait to see 'em up in your shop. =)

pamela (up here in CT)

SillyLittleLady said...

Those are so precious, very....calming? I don't know how a broach can be calming, but it is :)

Lorie M. said...

oh my arent't they gorgeous

Sonia said...

Hello sweetie ! :) I was at your blog when you stopped by mine, but then all my windows froze & I had to force them all to close. :( But here I am again !! :) These brooches are soooo cute, so poetic, that there are hardly any good word to describe them ! I hope you'll find the time to make you one ! :) You sure deserve it !
I still owe you a fat email/convo, I know. ASAP, I promise. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and for your kind & caring words. You know how much they mean to me, right ? xoxoxoxox big hugs right back to you & your little ones. Take GOOD care.

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

these are so beautiful . . .
i will be keeping an eye on your etsy shop!

t does wool said...

oh,so beautiful,love them...but are you nesting???just a little?? ;-)

Michelle Brunner said...

I just love these! So natural!

Maggie Mae said...

I love these. They are beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails