Friday, February 06, 2009

Slowly


I've struggled with finding the time to craft since the new baby arrived, so I decided that convenience would be my friend. I've kept a bowl of stones and batts of roving near the sink so that when I have a minute, I'll make up a felted stone and I've also kept a bowl of cut-out hearts and all the neccessary supplies to make ornaments on my desk. By having these little (but satisfying) project pieces ready to go, I've been able to make enough in the past two weeks to actually add them to my Etsy shop. Hooray!


It seems funny considering that pre-baby I was able to whip out full sets of stones and multiple sets of hearts in any given day, but I'll take it. It's a slow road, but that's OK.

9 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Aww sweetie ... you're doing really great !! Way to go, my friend ! Baby steps (yes, pun intended ... eheh) are probably the best way to work, at least right now. You're being very very organized, and apparently it worked like a charm, so you can really be proud of you. I am. :)
Sending you all big hugs xoxoxo take care !

Wear Your Wild said...

So nice to see you back again! I loved the baby in bowl picture in your flickr pool! :)

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks so much, Sonia. You're right, baby steps and breathing in and out calmly... xoxo

Thanks Katie! I just had to stick her in a bowl even though my husband looked at me like I was nuts.

kate said...

it's hard to be patient, but slowly you get your time back. . . or so they tell me!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

These are perfect techniques! I love the wool and rocks by the sink. Must make a nice thing to look at even when you're not felting them. Happy to see you here :)

t does wool said...

stepping stones...perfect for you...one step at a time.they are lovely.

David A. Martin said...

Good job. I love those green felt stones, very nice. It's good that you have found ways to be efficient. "Creating time" in this way is so much better than competing for time, especially when it comes to a family and raising young children . . . because the need to spend time on them will always trump any competing activity.

NanaBeast said...

Lisa,

Your baby is so beautiful. As are the things you create. Right now I am enjoying your wonderful little hearts. Every time I look at your heart photos I am filled with joy.

May each of your days be filled with wonder, peacefulness and some fun!

Denise Leavens
aka NanaBeast

Mrs.Kwitty said...

It's always such an exhausting time when the new baby comes home...time to find your new groove and establish new patterns and habits. You'll get there :o)
It's pretty smart of you to find a couple small projects you can do in spare time, to fulfill that creative urge when it hits! Be kind to yourself.
Smiles, Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails