Friday, March 26, 2010

Bunny Finger Puppets


After seeing this simple tutorial for these adorable little bunny finger puppets on the Purl Bee website, I had to give them a try. 

I used some thin wool felt that I made from blazers and coats, along with some pink felt that I found at a garage sale a few years ago.  I needle-felted a small ball of wool roving for the tail.  I cut the bunnies free-hand, but the template is provided in the tutorial (which, by the way, was really clear and detailed)



I think it took me about 20 minutes to sew one of these guys up, and they're so cute I think it was well-worth the effort.  The boys have already been playing with them so I know they're a hit with the 3 and 4 year old set. 


If you have some felt hanging around, you should give it at try.  I think they'd be adorable made of corduroy or something too, don't you?

13 comments:

Morna Crites-Moore said...

These bunnies are too adorable!

Karen Larko said...

What sweet bunnies! You always make the cutest things. I love your work!

the nest said...

I love them in garment wool! It gives them extra character... very adorable!

Vintage Tracy said...

Awesome idea! When I saw the photo in flickr, these looked bigger. I think they would be cute as little stuffies, too! Nice job, and I love the plaid guy!

Jessica Rae said...

I think these are adoooorable. I love them so much - thanks for brightening my day!

Margie Oomen said...

i can't believe it is almost easter already
away with the christmas decorations ( yes i know)
and out with the bunnies, chicks and eggs
thanks for the gentle little push

Rabbit in the Rain said...

Sooooo cute. We're headed to the beach next weekend - partly sunny and partly drizzly forecast - and I needed activities for a 2 and 3 year old during the drizzly indoor hours that we're not at the ocean. I'll make a bunch of these this week to take along, my son loves bunnies right now. Thanks, perfect timing!

KarenB said...

I saw these at purlbee also. Yours turned out even cuter. I love the plaid!

Kar said...

These are too adorable! I can just imagine lots of these little guys laying all over the house for Easter and Spring. Thanks for sharing.

xxxx

Gunn said...

So cute bunnies you have made!
You have a nice blog too. I put you in my bloglist. Happy easter!

Anonymous said...

Hi
i'm Monica to milan Italy
Your bunnys are wonderful
I put a photo of your rabbits in my blog. compliments
Monica

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

These are way too awesome, Lisa! Especially the little plaid guy. You make the best stuff :)

Bonkers About Buttons said...

Lisa! They're FAB!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails