Friday, March 26, 2010

Bunny Finger Puppets

After seeing this simple tutorial for these adorable little bunny finger puppets on the Purl Bee website, I had to give them a try. 

I used some thin wool felt that I made from blazers and coats, along with some pink felt that I found at a garage sale a few years ago.  I needle-felted a small ball of wool roving for the tail.  I cut the bunnies free-hand, but the template is provided in the tutorial (which, by the way, was really clear and detailed)

I think it took me about 20 minutes to sew one of these guys up, and they're so cute I think it was well-worth the effort.  The boys have already been playing with them so I know they're a hit with the 3 and 4 year old set. 

If you have some felt hanging around, you should give it at try.  I think they'd be adorable made of corduroy or something too, don't you?


Morna said...

These bunnies are too adorable!

umelecky said...

What sweet bunnies! You always make the cutest things. I love your work!

the nest said...

I love them in garment wool! It gives them extra character... very adorable!

PumpkinGirl said...

Awesome idea! When I saw the photo in flickr, these looked bigger. I think they would be cute as little stuffies, too! Nice job, and I love the plaid guy!

Jessica Rae said...

I think these are adoooorable. I love them so much - thanks for brightening my day!

Margie Oomen said...

i can't believe it is almost easter already
away with the christmas decorations ( yes i know)
and out with the bunnies, chicks and eggs
thanks for the gentle little push

Rabbit in the Rain said...

Sooooo cute. We're headed to the beach next weekend - partly sunny and partly drizzly forecast - and I needed activities for a 2 and 3 year old during the drizzly indoor hours that we're not at the ocean. I'll make a bunch of these this week to take along, my son loves bunnies right now. Thanks, perfect timing!

KarenB said...

I saw these at purlbee also. Yours turned out even cuter. I love the plaid!

Kar said...

These are too adorable! I can just imagine lots of these little guys laying all over the house for Easter and Spring. Thanks for sharing.


Gunn said...

So cute bunnies you have made!
You have a nice blog too. I put you in my bloglist. Happy easter!

monicc said...

i'm Monica to milan Italy
Your bunnys are wonderful
I put a photo of your rabbits in my blog. compliments

Brittany Noel said...

These are way too awesome, Lisa! Especially the little plaid guy. You make the best stuff :)

Bonkers About Buttons said...

Lisa! They're FAB!


Related Posts with Thumbnails