Monday, August 29, 2011

the letting go


It's the last week of summer vacation and next week will bring some big change here.  I'll have just one kid at home with me instead of four.  This week though there will be kindercamp, testing, and open houses to attend and a little bit of time for me to prepare for the change in schedule.  Though I've said repeatedly over this summer (usually amidst one of the 400 fights the kids have each day or when I'm trying to shower...alone for a change) that I can't wait for school to start so I can have a bit of peace, now that it's here I'm feeling a little less eager to let go.

I did let go of that little guy in the photo though since he was peeing on me.

On another note, I wanted to show you this.  Do you remember the blue-staining bolete from my post on Friday?  Well on my walk Sunday evening I found that he was still laying there in the grass as we had left him.  His blue scars had mostly turned to a washed out yellow and he was a bit shrively.


But wait, look what happened when I broke open a new part...


Like magic.

I hope you all have a good start to the week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean my friend
they keep us so busy & on our toes
and on the other hand, they fill our lives so much
enjoy them as much as you can
xoxox
aunt Z

Karen Larko said...

This is such a wonderful time of year. Too bad it doesn't last longer because Fall is my favorite. Can't wait to see what you will do with all your free time:)

joanie said...

I know the feeling too. I'm secretly getting quite emotional about my babies going back next week. But I know when I drive away I'll let out a huge sigh, soak in the peace and drink a whole cup of tea while it's hot. ...Then I'll get busy and worry about forgetting to pick them up on time and realize 10 mins before I do pick them up that I haven't planned anything for dinner ;)

Let the routine begin :)

Unknown said...

The mushroom i pretty wonderful - that amazing blue! Wishing you a sweet last week with your entire tribe surrounding you. My two are grown and gone, but I so remember those feelings of wanting school to start reluctance!

Ellen said...

I was recently on a walk and took some photos of mushrooms. Need to go back and take more. So beautiful with all their lovely striations and colors.

On another note - I commented on another post about the type of adhesive you use? I'm sure you probably missed my comment. My daughter has made some embroidered pieces on fabric and we want to attach them to wood. Not sure what a good adhesive would be? Thank you.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Sonia - you're so right, my friend.

Karen - fall is my favorite too. I feel like I come alive in fall.

nini - I think you're dead-on. I'll miss them but have no doubt my days will fill themselves up, lickety split.

Sus - isn't that blue something?

Ellen - I'm so sorry I overlooked your comment! For glueing wool to wood I've found Fabri-Tac to be a good adhesive. It has a very strong hold and a pretty quick grab. It has a smell but it fades faster than something like E6000 or Goop. It's also acid-free so it will be less likely to yellow the piece. I hope that helps. Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

gosh that little guy is delightful..even with his pee!!

I'm down to one little boy already.. bittersweet for sure :)

Tara said...

Lisa, I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that summer holidays are almost over. I think we have all enjoyed the more relaxed summer days. Although as the first day of school draws closer and I can feel autumn in the sir, a small part of me is ready for a new rhythm to our days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails