Monday, November 03, 2014

first check on the mushrooms in a tree


This morning I took a little walk to check on those mushrooms I needled into a tree.  It's only been just shy of a month so I wasn't sure what to expect.  As I rounded the curve I was pleased to see they were still there, though a little droopier. 


The biggest change was in the scenery surrounding the tree.  Greens and oranges of autumn have been replaced with grey and the russet of fallen oak leaves.
No denying it, the grey season is upon us.
I'm acknowledging it but I'll have to work on the "embracing it" part.

I'll check on these guys after the first snowfall and we'll see they fare.

Have a great start to the week, all.

2 comments:

Inspired By June said...

So fun!

Centi said...

Oh, I love those mushrooms! They look like they had grown on this tree. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails