Sunday, July 12, 2015

since my last post

Since my last post I...

took a painting class with Sue Kemnitz while she was here at our gallery for a trunk show. I haven't painted in ages and it was lots of fun. She's incredible, do check out her Etsy shop, and the one she shares with her delightful daughter Jessica.


I snuck in a little needling.


I ate some daylilies 


I made hats with kids at Arts in the Park.  No, not these kids. These kids are Yvonne and Ed Yunker from Geritol Frolics and they were helping too. 


I had an opening of the fiber show at our gallery. You can see my little landscape there against the back wall.


I yarn bombed the tree outside my office. (knitting is a skill that escapes me but I did stitch up everyone else's knitting and put it on the tree)


I took my family to the zoo, twice. We're suckers for the budgie cage.


And now I have a week off to spend with family. I'm sure it will be busy too, in the most wonderful of ways. See ya soon.

4 comments:

StaroftheEast said...

I LOVE your paintings, and your mushroom, and the picture of your daughter, and the fact that you 'sound' so happy :)

NanaBeast said...

Hi ya, Lisa! Love everything about this post. I hope you are having a week rich in nurture, nature and lots of laughter.

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

I remember you used to paint ! You haven't lost anything of your skills, lady !!
You are being quite busy, tell me ! So many interesting things, I'm so happy for you !
xoxo

sswlkt said...

How in the world did you make that mushroom? It is absolutely beautiful, the detail on the underside is incredible but I can't imagine how you put it together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails