Friday, April 29, 2016

my happy world


I've had this chippy old enamelware cup for some time now. It originally housed a small plant, then later became a scoop for the laundry detergent. Lately it had been languishing in a cabinet, unused.
Last weekend I plucked it out and began needling.
I had seen the talented Mimi Kirchner's tiny world pin cushions a long time ago, which are housed in vintage teacups and thought they were so sweet.


I'm more suited to a chippy enamelware cup than a pretty teacup though.
So I made my own world in a cup, and it's definitely my kind of place.
There's a garden in the back yard.


And sheep. Of course there are sheep.



I suppose it could act as a pin cushion, but I think instead it will sit on my desk and make me happy.

Cheers!

Happy Weekend, all.



9 comments:

Quinn said...

So perfect! Love every detail.
I was just talking to someone this morning about my plans to try felting a little landscape using the "residual" cashmere I'm still collecting from my goats this Spring. And now to see this - you are such an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I have one of Mimi's tea cup worlds and adore it. I love how you did the smoke from the chimney.

Michelle said...

Love it!

Sauterelle verte said...

Oh!!!! I really love this mini-world!!!

Zoe said...

That's wonderful! How darling. How do you get it to stay up at the top of the mug? Is it filled in underneath with more felt, or something else?

mimi k said...

I love it! Especially the sheep :-)

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thank you, all!

Zoe - the entire mug is filled with wool. I started with a wool ball shape and filled in around it so it could be used as a pin cushion if needed.

Ariadne said...

What abeautfiful little world!I have admired Mimi's for years too but never tried to make one. I love your interpretation!AriadnefromGreece!

Amber said...

I love this chippy cup-hilltop house with sheep so much! Does anyone else see a wonky, googly-eyed face with a lopsided grin peeking out of the chippy cup? ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails