Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Pinecones!

I spent the past week working around the house, taking a break, and fiddling with making pinecones out of wool.  I wanted to mimic the shape of the cones we find from our jack pines.  It took a bit of tweaking, but I finally got something that comes pretty close.  I added a spray of "needles" too, for color.  They're not exactly like pine needles of course, but I thought they brought to mind that piney look.





I used felted coat wool for these and the thickness was just right.  I have a few in the works in different colors and hope to have pics soon.

I hope everyone's week is off to a great start.  I feel a little bit rested (yay!) and look forward to sharing some new stuff with you this week.

11 comments:

Valerie said...

I love those sweet pine cones! I think you captured their essence perfectly. I just love that there are so many 'maker options' when working with wool! You do a lovely job.

lynn bowes said...

Pretty sweet, girl! Hey, we all need a break once in a while and yours seemed to rejuvenate you and your mojo.

Andrea said...

SO Sweet!
I love pine cones. I love how the seeds shower from them as they dry and open...Though I've been finding seeds everywhere during my Spring cleaning! :)
Can't wait to see the rest!
xo
Andrea

We Blog Artists said...

Oh they're just perfect.
Love them and you're right the needles do give that feeling of spikey needles.
Thannk you for stopping by this morning!
HUGS
Char

Carolyn Jane said...

As always you work is true to your mission and shows incredible quality. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your projects.

Regina Moore said...

Super, super cute! Makes me wish for autumn.....

Lora said...

Very nice! What a great idea.

Laura said...

They turned out so well! I think they would look so nice hung around the house - especially in the fall/winter. :)

Pesky Cat Designs said...

These are absolutely amazing! You most definitely captured the essence of a pine cone. I can picture them on display in a wooden bowl perhaps!

Vintage Tracy said...

Un-freakin-believable! You are a master! These would be so cute adorning holiday gifts!

Wear Your Wild said...

I love the way they came out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails