Friday, September 23, 2011

feeling connected


As I was photographing the stones I made this week I couldn't help but notice how well they seemed to blend in to their surroundings.

When I make a stone I pick some wool colors that I like and that I'm "feeling" at that time.  I'll hold the felted stone in my hand and decide what colors of thread seem to work with it, and then start to stitch.  There isn't a plan, I just start to work.  It's a very organic process and one that suits me best.


So it tickles me that while I'm snapping pics, a small oak leaf falls and lands near a rock that complements it, right down to the bumps on the underside, or when I notice the bug trails match those I've stitched in a stone.


It makes me feel more connected to my source of inspiration.

These stones will be headed to my shop but I think I'm going to have to make a set soon to leave out on my favorite bug-chewed log as a thank you of sorts.

In other news, I have a fun weekend ahead of me and I can't wait to share.
I hope you all have a great weekend too.



8 comments:

lynn bowes said...

I bow to your creativity and vision :: lynn

Marilyn said...

there are no words left to tell you how incredible what you do is.
:)
and the word verification is
layerme... magic!

Geninne said...

Gorgeous and wonderful are the first words that come to mind :)

Margie Oomen said...

these are the most fantastic felt stones I have ever seen

k said...

wishing you a very good weekend too Lisa. I think you have an incredible connection with nature, and it comes out so well in your work.

Tara said...

Lisa, these stones are beautiful and I am not surprised that the visual connection to nature in your work is so strong.

Anonymous said...

ok girl, you have been SO busy while I was away from the computer ! I loved all the residents & the textural stones, and what a great news (and not a surprise) to see they've all found new homes already ! You're the best. I missed you tons.
xoxoxo

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

I adore these! I missed your shop update; I do hope you'll be making more for the shop soon!!
x Katherine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails