Thursday, July 12, 2012

what lily?


See this beautiful Michigan lily I found growing in the ditch this week?  I can't, all I can see are how dirty my windows are behind it.  

My house is in some desperate need of attention.  I have some important visitors coming next week and there is much to be done so I will spend the next few days climbing Mount Washmore, cleaning the spotty windows, and picking up peanut shells from the floor (and dear children, why are you throwing your peanut shells on the floor?  This is not a bar.  And if you think it is, why aren't you tipping me?)

Sounds like fun, right?  Maybe not so much but it will feel nice to have a cleaner living space.  But first I have a cake to bake, it is my son's birthday today and he has requested a big cheesecake with wild blueberries on it.
 
Posts might be a bit sparse for a while.
Wish me luck.  If you don't hear from me soon, send sherpas.




4 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Happy Birthday to another of my nephews !
And good luck to you, mama, I wish I could help you.
Will keep you in my thoughts.
xoxo

Tumus said...

More importantly why are you not having a beer? Just think of how your floors will feel for at least a day...the kind where you aren't tracking crumbs from room to room!

Glo said...

Can you hire someone to come every so often to help you with housecleaning? Now that's money well spent!

joanie said...

Thanks for making me chuckle, AGAIN!!!
If I were to photograph our lilies they would have the same speckled backdrop as yours, just so you know.

Happy birthday to your sweet boy!

Jx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails