Saturday, December 14, 2013

sending the sniffles packing

The sniffles have found me.  I've been trying to outrun them but alas, they were faster than me.  I'm employing the healing power of my foraged teas, some raw local honey, a warm blanket, and a handmade mug and hopefully those sniffles will be sent packing in no time.




Moments like these make me very happy that I spend the time gathering and drying all those helpful herbs (commonly referred to as weeds) from the yard.  Stinging nettle, mullein, yarrow, dandelion root, pineapple weed, raspberry leaf, blackberry leaf, strawberry leaf... they're all here to help heal in one way or another, even if only in their ability to get one close to nature.  I personally think that sort of medicine is incredibly powerful.

Wishing you all a warm and healthy weekend.


6 comments:

Sandies' Patch said...

I know what you mean, I so wish I'd have collected more berries etc. I've nearly finished my lightly spiced elderberry cordial. Love it hot, it's so soothing and tasty.
Hope your sniffles are gone soon xx
Ease up on the diary products and it might make you feel better too.
Hugs (from a distance lol!).
Sandie xxx

Karen said...

Hoping the warmth of tea and the herbal friends will help you clear up soon. You've inspired me to gather more next season!

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Hope you are better very soon, I know my echinacea helps keep the sniffles at bay! I am totally convinced of this. I love your new photo up there, and hope the new job is not so bad? wish you were just on here creating all the while though :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa I know how you feel-I have the snifffles today too! sitting by the wood stove drinking tea. Its a cold day in maine today-gonna get lots of snow tonite! stay warm and feel better

Ariadne said...

Get well soon!I am down for a month now!Amazing!AriadnefromGreece!

Annie Cholewa said...

It looks like the best kind of healing to me :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails