Friday, June 27, 2014

good fun at the felting workshop

I taught a felting class last night.  A group of really receptive and fun women sat together and needled wool into bird shapes for a good long time.



It's a cool thing to witness a group of mostly strangers sit, each working on their project, bonding through the shared experience.  Chatting, laughing, learning, occasionally "ouch!"ing.  We snacked on rhubarb curd in graham cracker crusts and discussed ducks in the bathtub and what peculiar creatures cats are.  It was a good night.

And just look how cute their birds turned out.  I love the worm in the mouth.


These are just a few of the fantastic wee birds made last night. 

Thank you, ladies, for the fun night and for allowing me to share the craft with you.  It was good fun.


5 comments:

~mel said...

I wish I lived closer ~ and I could attend your class!

How fantastic though for those lucky few to be learning this craft from one of the best :)

Ariadne said...

Oh how I would have loved to take some felting lessons from you!Pity I will be only on the East coast this summer!AriadnefromGreece!

Heather Eddy said...

Where was the class held?

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. The birds are stinkin' cute!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks so much, everyone!

Heather - the class was held in my office at work. In the Franklin Arts Center in Brainerd MN.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails