Wednesday, April 15, 2015

landscapes with sheeps

Oof. It's been a very busy week. Weeks. It's been a very busy couple of weeks. My day job has been full, full, full, and my work time has been very slim.
Very slim.

I haven't scheduled any new classes or worked on my many in-progress pieces but I did take a little bit of time to make up these brooches. A while back I had scheduled a class for a spinner's retreat in the area and that is coming up this Friday. They wanted to make a sheep brooch of some kind and after much mulling, I decided to go with a landscape (which is well-known and comfortable for me) with wee sheeps in it. Because the class will be done in 2 hours I kept the design very simple and doable for beginners. 

I hope they enjoy making them. I did.

How about you? Are you making time for creativity? What are you working on? I'd love to hear.

6 comments:

Studio Paars said...

They are lovely; I wish (not for the first time) I lived closer so I could take a class with you.
For me it's taxes: this is my second year as a business and my goal for this year is to get it done without tears and freaking out. Unlike the first time that is.
And when that's done I have some plans that involve pretty fabric and maybe a blog post :)

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Ugh, business taxes. Yep they're fun. I've stopped freaking out and crying about them (finally) but I always put them off as long as I can. I hope you have lots of fun with your pretty fabric and I will watch for your blog post. :)

Mona said...

Just my kind of brooches! Sheep, wool and more sheep - what's not to love about that?!
I'm crazy busy too, work, work, gardening etc. But am trying to make time for some spinning as often as possible. I find spinning to be calming and soothing, and I really need that quiet inner time right now.

Heather Eddy said...

I'm continuing a project I started with Lent - working on my art talent every day. It's turned from a 40-day project into a 365 day project now. Some nights I'm really tired and don't want to do anything, but I still am able to do something meaningful even when I'm tired. It's kind of neat.

And I'd love to take an online class from you if you ever decide to do that!

Glo said...

From a distance, the sheep look like googly eyes!

Starr White said...

So sweet! I am quite confident that your students will be thrilled to bits with their sheepish brooches. I would be!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails