Sunday, September 27, 2015

my 8x8 piece

We're having a fundraiser where I work in which almost 50 of our artists have created artwork on 8"x8" canvases that will be sold starting Sat. Oct. 10th. We were to make a piece that was representative of our "style" and this is what I came up with.

The first thing I did was to take the canvas off and use just the frame. I needled my scene and, in wanting to keep the 8"x8" size, "framed" my piece with leather belt pieces.

It looks at home on the forest floor but it's actually meant to hang on the wall.




Those ants found their way into my piece, I'm sure, because of this encounter.


For those of you that are local, please join us on Oct. 10th from 10-2 in the Crossing Arts Gift Shop in the Franklin Arts Center for this fun sale, mingling, and snacks. Each of the pieces will be available for sale for $50 or you can take your chances and place a bid at $25. If no one outbids you by the end of the month, the piece is yours. There are some beauties to be had, and it's for a great cause.

Happy Sunday, all.

6 comments:

lynn bowes said...

want want want want want want want

redwitch said...

Stunning piece of work - hope you raise lots of money :)

Els said...

Hi Lisa, all the best with the fund raising !!!!
You've surely given it your best ;-)

celkalee said...

Absolutely charming. I see the forest floor and I am enchanted! Wish I lived closer.....

Sandies' Patch said...

Beautiful!xxx

Quinn said...

Such a beautiful little vignette of forest floor! Brilliant work, as usual :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails