Saturday, July 16, 2016

gathering memories and stitches

We're back from our road trip. Mostly.
We had the pleasure of a visitor at our house late this week so our travels are not quite over. We're exploring nearer our house, but still exploring. 

We spent some time in the southern part of MN exploring caves, gathering fossils, and watching a doozy of a thunderstorm.

I spent some time in the prairie breathing it in and soaking up the beautiful marks ma nature has made, and hope to turn that inspiration into stitches. Maybe you can see some when you look through these photos.

The kids did some nature study, and we all learned a lot.
















These happy days are salve for my soul and I acknowledge that many among us are not in a place of happiness or peace. Photos of flowers don't solve the world's problems by any stretch of the imagination, but there is something to be said for invoking happiness, even in small amounts, even in one person.

Right now, I am happy.

For those that ordered stones, I will packing them up and sending them early next week. I want to get a photo of them all together before I mail them off. I hope they bring with them a little of that prairie happiness.

5 comments:

Quinn said...

I've thought about this a lot recently, as I'm sure many have. The events of the world silenced my blog for over a week, until I could come up with one totally positive thing to share, which got me "over the hump."
It's always been very important to me to be observant and to appreciate the marvels of my world, however tiny. I've come to the conclusion that in tough times, it is important to appreciate AND SHARE them. Thank you very much for sharing these glimpses of the marvels in your world!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thank you, Quinn. I struggle with posting this a little. On one hand, I hope people don't think I am trivializing the problems in the world by posting pics of nature, but on the other, I know it helps me find some peace to look at images like these. If I have some peace, then hopefully I can be clearer mentally and that mental clarity is a good thing. ~ Lisa

Unknown said...

I see lots of stitches within the pictures! I think its a wonderful thing that some people find happiness in the little things around them. Not everyone can do that. Lucky for me I can! The world is a sad place sometimes so if you have some happy to share everyone should do that! Sounds like you had a great trip with your family. Happy stitching!

Els said...

know what you mean about the BIG problems and the wee happy things ...
I feel the same
glad we still can see and feel the happiness !

Jacqui Wise said...

Would love to see some of your fossil finds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails