Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mushroom-making En Masse


The other day I shared what I had been working on lately, and yesterday I finished up the last in a small series of mushrooms for The Walker Art Center Shop in Minneapolis, MN. 

These are all constructed without glue, mostly by needle-felting with a little wet-felting thrown in too.  I've used a combination of wool roving and felted garment wool, and added a few small sewn details like sporophytes and sprouts. 

These little guys flew off this morning.  If you're in the Minneapolis area and get to visit The Walker, please stop by the shop and give a little wave to the fungus among us, will you?





I've been so busy making mushrooms that I haven't done any woods-walking to look for real ones.  I noticed a beautiful Violet Cort when I was photographing these guys so I think a walk is in order to see what ma nature is dishing up these days under the poplar and pine.


Happy Woods-Walking to you all. 

14 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

oh my friend, you've been so so busy these past weeks ! these are marvels among marvels ! OH how I wish I could go visit the exhibition, you know that, right ?!
I just had your mail, and wanted to say how much you are very welcome. It was really nothing, I swear. I'm not very happy with my nephews & niece's behaviour though ... na na ... please tell them Aunt Zonia ask them to be kinder with their mama or they'll all have to deal with me. OK ??!
And you ... you take care. I'm right behind you, by spirit of course. Sending you very positive vibes & big hugs oxoxo

Chiarettafiorellino said...

Meravigliosi...complimenti per la perfezione e per l'idea!
Ciao...
Chiara

lynn bowes said...

Oh girl, I love those little brown 'shrooms'!

antilight said...

Just after Mother Nature you are the best shroom maker in the World! These are wonderful, and so lovely!

k said...

I can't stand it! They are too cute!!!

Terriea Kwong said...

Soooo lovely mushrooms. Just hope I was there.

joanie said...

Wonderful collection Lisa! Just a little too far for a visit, too bad :(
I hope you have a chance to get out amongst the growing fungi now :)

k said...

you have indeed been very busy constructing such wonderful specimens. wish i was anywhere near there to go see them in person. but hope you now have a bit of time to get out and check out the real 'shrooms too!

julochka said...

they're just marvelous and almost a little bit science-y looking. well done! i wish i was going to be in MSP (i've gotta stop talking in airport codes).

xox,
/j

Margie Oomen said...

absolutely fantastic
you are the mother of mushroom invention

Jill said...

Very Cute!

Gunn said...

Wow, what a nice collection of muchrooms!

Muffi said...

Hi. I've just found you page and can't wait to return with more time to leisurely peruse your insightful posts, but first on such brief introduction may I ask what the vessels /bottles are called that sublimely house your spawning mushroom fungi gardens? They look like miniature apothecary jars... once again lovely to meet you and keep up the inspired works and creations..... Ramona xx

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Hi Ramona! Thanks so much for the compliment. And yes, you are right, those are apothecary jars holding the mushroom terrariums. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails