Thursday, December 16, 2010

Better Than Expected

Yesterday started out pretty rough.  You know those kind of days where it seems a real effort to be upright muchless upright and happy about it?  There were a fair number of petty annoyances (and some that weren't so petty), but despite the potential for doom and gloom, sunshine punctuated my day.

It came in virtual hug form and in email form.


and in impossible kindnesses from friends


and in mail treat form (a gift for me, from me)


and in the form of 2 children napping, allowing me to finish a gift for a friend.


Now tell me, how could I not have a good day when the universe clearly was trying to make it so? 

I hope your day turns out better than you expected too, even if it's pretty good to begin with.

7 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

aw I'm so happy my little mail helped you lifting your spirit yesterday. And the medicine shield played a big role in this too. Oh and two napping kids obviously too !!!
hope today's better than yesterday <3
take care my friend
oxox

Karen Larko said...

I hope you have a good day today Lisa. Big hugs.

Tumus said...

I hope my day goes that way too. Being mildly sick with a cold is making things tough, but it's snowing and pretty outside and we're getting the last of our new windows put in. So my day looks pretty nice now.

Marilyn said...

We all have bad days...that's how we know the good ones when they come. On my dashboard was your post, immediately above it was this one....http://alladagarsomgick.blogspot.com/2010/12/veronica.html
another blogger I follow..I thought you may like to see it and I will link her to yours!!
Have a great day, no matter what, and we have snow falling (in Va)...first of the season...hope it's just a dusting....but if it isn't...it's pretty!!!
M :) x

Nilla K said...

How wonderful with little rays of sunshine to break through on a bad day. As Marilyn pointed out above, I just wrote something like that in my blog. That we can live happier lives if we can manage to be happy and thankful for the good things in life, even in dark situations. I like your blog, by the way. Think you just got another follower... :)

Margie Oomen said...

you got the medicine shield already!!!!
that just lifting my spirits for sure.
here comes another virtual polar bear hug
xxoo
m

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

It's so nice when things like that happen on a bad day. Even better is that you were able to see through the badness to the goodness. Not always an easy feat... I hope tomorrow is much better :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails