Saturday, December 11, 2010

Jalapeno and Cheddar Cookies


When I saw this recipe on Design Sponge the other day for Leah Verwey’s savory cookies, I knew I had to try them.  Being a lover of cheese, spice, and cookies, I figured this was the perfect cookie for me.  I made them yesterday and you know what?  Delicious!

I used an extra sharp white cheddar and did a rough-cut on my jalapenos.  I think the next time I make them I will dice the jalapenos and grate the cheese more finely to make a smoother consistency.  I will also roll them out a little thinner, maybe to 1/4" thick since I really liked the crispier ones best.  Mine took quite a bit longer to cook and I suspect it was because they were a little thicker than Leah's.

The flavor though, amazing.  Nom.  They're sort of like a condensed biscuit.  A cheddary, slightly spicy delicious biscuit.  I can't wait to make them again.  I'm already thinking of the flavor combinations to be had...


Pop over to Design Sponge, here to see the recipe and the beautiful photos that accompany it.

What are you cooking this weekend?

6 comments:

lynn bowes said...

I'm gonna have to give those a try - I'm really not a sweets person and this sounds pretty good. Wonder how the cheddar would work with pistachios - a milder cheddar maybe? ( LOVE pistachios!)

t does wool said...

I'm coming for lunch..set a place for me,Lisa ;)...
xx

Tumus said...

My love for you posting this has grown ever more. Cheese + Jalapenos + a dough form = food win.

And you know what? I totally have ALL those ingredients in my pantry at the moment.

Glo said...

In honor of my Puerto Rican heritage, I will be making a pastelón (http://www.cookscompass.com/recipe/198), because I bought some bananas at the Grocery Outlet that are intensely green, ONE WEEK LATER!

jet said...

thank you for your sharing of thise yummie recipy;-D

Scrapiana said...

They look amazing! Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails