The holiday dress has been completed and I'm really happy with how it turned out. You might remember that the dress started as this little gem I picked up at the thrift store:
Some tweaking later and this is what we have:
a dress that's perfect for my woodland princess.
I took off the lace, plastic pearls, and roses and added some wood buttons I made, a bit of embroidery, and the top...
I stitched around the painted area and it looks like leather. I doubt anyone would know it was painted unless I told them. This was a situation of "use what you have". I didn't trust my sewing skills to sew on a little bodice so I went with paint thinned with fabric medium. Hey, it works.
I love it, and so does the girl.
Have a happy Saturday, everyone.