Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Mr. Sun - son


Mr Sun has had a son.  Of sorts.  Created by my son, sorta.


About a week ago the boys and I created a woven sun out of a vintage bowl, some twigs, and strips of vintage fabric.  My youngest enjoyed the process so much that he's been asking to do it again.  When he told me he wants to make some to sell so he can earn money to go on vacation, well, how could I say no?


I mean, kindergarten can be really tough on a guy, so he definitely needs a vacation, right?  Funny guy.

I painted the face based on a drawing he did and assembled the piece from some twigs and an oak branch but Avery chose the fabrics and did the weaving.

My kids know that I make and sell my work so I'm sure it's not a big leap for him to think of doing the same, but I have to tell you, his hands-on approach and can-do attitude made me pretty proud.


So, I've put the sun in my shop.  It's been signed by both of us but Avery will get the money, should it sell, to put in his vacation fund.  I'm not sure where he's headed, but I hope he takes me along too.

15 comments:

julochka said...

awesome. just awesome. that is all.

xox,
/j

p.s. my word verification is warmshe - which is what this little story does to my heart. :-)

prpltrtl946 said...

I wish I had an extra $10 about now!! I would snap that sun up in a heartbeat!!

Just look at the pride on his sweet little face!! You should catch his expression when it sells!! 8*)

prpltrtl946 said...

PS:
Those aren't strips of SHEET are they? lol 8*)

Anonymous said...

Congrates on selling so fast. Of course, this will lead to more items he'll make and soon he will be supporting himself.........wait where are the grandkids of mine!

Cynthia Nicole said...

That was a deal! Too cheap!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. A little business man in training. And a cute sun to boot!

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Brilliant, just Brilliant, that little sun and your little Son. He will go far. He may even take you with him???? :)

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

If I had visited earlier, I would have bought it for sure !! Way to go, team !
What I think I love best is his very serious face. Gosh.
Big hugs to both of you xoxo

Annie said...

Oh bless him, he made his first sale ... there'll be no stopping him now!

Anonymous said...

oh oh! we want one, will he make another? :)

Julianna said...

An entrepreneurial spirit at a young age!

I love this sun as well as the first one you made. The face reminds me of suns and moons I used to make out of clay.

Glo said...

You are right to be proud. What a cute man you got there.

I am a fan of this shop, unfortunately empty right now, but you get the idea. Their drawings are darling:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/treslocas#

Margie Oomen said...

i love it when children get ideas like this

kristin said...

oh! that is just the sweetest!! sorry to have missed it.

Jane said...

This is really beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails