Tuesday, April 03, 2012

random thoughts


My daughter spends a lot of time holding the chickens, petting the chickens, carrying the chickens around.  Maybe I should get her a doll before she starts dressing the chickens.

My new spoon gouge came yesterday and I'm dying to work on the ladle I started.

Despite being boiled, some of the wood pieces are checking.  That's frustrating but at least I had a good dye experiment in the process.

When I open the coop in the morning, the very first thing the ducks do is run to the pond and mate.  Very first thing.  Before eating, before stretching, they just get right to it.  I was thinking of piping in some Barry White but clearly they don't need the inspiration.

I've started eating kimchi daily.

I have some felted wool stones on the table that will get some stitches today.  The colors were requested by different customers but they all look so pretty together I'm going to have to do another set in these shades.

The sun is shining.  What a difference that makes.

This girl makes me want to build tables.  Or at least build the table I've been meaning to build for months now.

This girl makes me want a pony.  And a cold beer.  (and I find her very inspiring)

I love that Julie is putting to practice some of her pins.  I think that's a great idea.

I think I talk about my chickens too much.  Am I going to be the crazy chicken lady when I get old?

Time to take advantage of that sunshine.  Have a great day, everyone.

5 comments:

Sandies' Patch said...

Whadya mean when you get old?LOL!
I can't have chooks where I live and don't know anyone near enough that would let me cuddle a chicken, they all think I'm different around here anyway LOL!
SO, keep 'going on' about the chickens and ducks I'm paying attention if no one else is!
I would love some chickens and ducks and geese, a horse/pony, pond, and a good veggie patch, all I can do is dream and wish for them....

Love your pebbles/stones too!

Take care,

Sandie xx

Tara said...

I think you need to make that little girl of yours a chicken doll.

Lacey said...

I'm so loving watching your little farm grow! I now want a runner duck too! :D

Fiona said...

I love my chickens too. I've recently got four and one or two have started laying - the others are just about to I hope.

julochka said...

i can totally understand why you talk about your chickens. i totally get it now. i'm more and more amazed by them with every passing day. remember that time when i asked you if it didn't drive you nuts that they were so stupid? oh, how little i knew then. they may have a short attention span, but they're not stupid.

i'm still marveling at the little chick our broody hen hatched out. it's so sweet and she's taking SUCH good care of it.

ok, i'm rambling now....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails