Monday, May 14, 2012

extraordinary - ordinary


There were some extraordinary moments in my ordinary day today.
Spreading straw in the garden, watching the chaff glint in the sun as the wind took hold of it. 


Spraying rainbows in the sky with the hose.
Spraying ourselves with the hose to get relief from the heat, and because that's how flowers grow.


Roasting arfpillows (marshmallows) on a Monday afternoon just because.
And tucking a baby into its crib out beneath the poplar and pine.



Watching my creative, challenging, (grubby-handed) girl cuddle an acorn swaddled in a cup fungus.

She challenges me every single step of the way, but then there are these moments, these amazingly sweet and tender moments and they feel like water on parched skin.  Extraordinary, ordinary moments, for which I am so thankful.

8 comments:

Lavender Lady said...

That was lovely...I needed to read that!!

prpltrtl946 said...

So sweet!

julochka said...

gorgeous. the lot of it.

xox,
/j

Jacqui Wise said...

Your words and pictures are so sweet. These special moments make all the challenges bearable!

Sandies' Patch said...

Ah Bless her!

Sandie xx

joanie said...

What a sweet post. I love the swaddled acorn.
I say kids who don't challenge are probably watching TV ;)
You're the best mamma. Happy belated Mother's Day.
Jx

Heather M. said...

I wondered what the cup was. Very cool. My daughter challenged me all the way, but now she is grown and married and we have become good friends. It comes, in time.

Margie Oomen said...

i absolutely adore your extraordinary ordinary moments and that grubby fingered girl of yours

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails