Friday, May 25, 2012

a naturally dyed piece and his tiny friend too


I mentioned the other day that I had been working on a new needle-felted scene, and here it is completed along with another tiny piece.


Using only naturally dyed fibers in this piece was a fun challenge for me.  You'll see red onion, acorns, cedar, creeping charlie, strawberry leaf, bedstraw, pomegranate skins, all blended in here along with some natural grey wool.  The colors are subtle and well, natural.  You can bet you'll see more of this from me in the future.


And of course there are sporophytes.


I dried a piece of oak for the base on this piece and I love the scruffy texture of the bark.


The other piece I completed is much smaller.  So much so that it makes me giggle to look at it.


It's only 4" tall and about 2" across.


This one has two little white mushrooms, a tiny stone, and yup, sporophytes.  I dried a piece of poplar for the base of this one.


I love being amongst the moss and mushrooms.

These two pieces have already found their way to my shop.  I'd love it if you'd stop by and have a look or share with your friends.

Thanks so much, everyone.  Have a fantastic long weekend.

15 comments:

RedTwigBrownTwig said...

They are absolutely lovely and as always your presentation is perfect! It's a good life among the moss and mushrooms.
Shari

Melanie Routhier said...

Absolutely love these. Would you mind if I added this to my Pinterest? If not I completely understand.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thank you so much, Shari!

melaniejennifer - thank you! Please feel free to pin. Thanks for asking. :)

ellen said...

I am speechless. The wonder never stops here.

Olivia said...

Takes my breath away! So beautiful!

Lisa said...

These are absolutely beautiful!

joanie said...

You're a magic maker. Everything you make is magical :)
Love them both so much.
Happy weekend friend.
Jx

redwitch said...

Wow!These are amazingly magical. Thank you so much for sharing :)

Elderberry-Rob said...

OH wow they are so delightful and looks like they are sold already!

Margie Oomen said...

utterly spectacular
i love them
if they weren't already sold I would have snapped them up

lynn bowes said...

Damn, girl! How fast does a person have to be around here?

leFiligree said...

your killin' me with the cute sporophytes!

Jacqui Wise said...

Beautiful and so detailed. I love the wooden bases and glass domes. Reminds me of the lovely little porcelain mushrooms my Mum used to make years ago.

jepitiegrace said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!
You are a great artist!!!
Thanks for your works of Beauty :)

HollyM said...

Your pieces are amazing. They remind me of my trail walks where I'm always looking closely at all the tiny plants and mosses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails