Thursday, May 17, 2012

past stones


I've been so busy with putting in the garden, gathering dye stuffs, tending the gobs of chicks in the brooder, and normal everyday life stuff that I haven't stitched or felted in days.  It goes like this, the ebb and flow of life.  I'll find time soon to feed my muse but in the meantime I thought I'd share some stones I've done recently.  If you follow me on facebook you might have seen some of these already, but if not...


I occasionally offer custom order stones.  Recently I had two people request daffodils, a flower I had never attempted before, and this is what I came up with.


Bending bloom times a bit... daffodils with violets at their feet.


These stones were to compliment each other.


This one has Spring Beauties on it, another new-to-me flower.  This pale green wool was dyed using tansy and beans.


The beach stone was a totally new request and I wasn't sure how to approach it at first.  In the end I went with seaweed, sand, and shells on an ocean colored stone.  Though I hope to use only natural dyes in my work one day I have to say that I love the colors of this stone.  It's a mix of colors I dyed a while ago using procion dyes.


I don't often offer custom work because typically my busy schedule doesn't allow for it, but I love the ideas that were presented to me in this batch.

The garden beckons.  Happy Thursday!

13 comments:

Catherine said...

These are totally magical. How lovely.

Unknown said...

o so pretty, Lisa - I like you daffodils. -sus

Julie said...

Wow, these are so beautiful! I think the beach stone is my favorite.

Jacqui Wise said...

These are all absolutely beautiful. The pale green dyed wool is a wonderful colour and I love your stitching on the miniature seascapes.

Anonymous said...

I too am in love with the shelled beachie one... beautiful.

So what garden is calling you... is it a octopuses garden in the shade?

There's a thought a stone being held onto by a baby octopus it would be hard and time consuming but bet it would be fun to do legs and suckers and eyes etc...
Happy pre~Friday.
Rose~

Katerina said...

The are soo pretty. I love the daffodil one and the sea shore one most.

Jessica Jo said...

Creating for other people is amazing, isn't it? Not just offering what you have and know to others but making things specifically for them and their choices really expands our views/abilities. These are lovely.

Fiona said...

These are just beautiful. So much work.

Studio Paars said...

Gorgeous!
I especially love the daffodil & violet one.

Liefs, Audrey
hetkabinet.blogspot.com

HollyM said...

I love the stones! And by the way I have daffodils and the little violets both blooming in my yard right now.

Zdolność-tworzenia said...

Przepiękne.

peggy said...

they are all beautiful!

Jenny Jo said...

These are my favorite so far. I love flowers, especially sunflowers. I took a ton of pictures in my garden this year, and they simply must transfer to something tangible!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails