Thursday, June 07, 2012

4 years and 30 seconds



I finished this piece today.  Only took me four years and 30 seconds.

It has been over four years since I carved this wood pendant from a piece of driftwood.  It has sat in my jewelry box ever since.

Last week when I was in town I stopped to see my friend Rhonda, (who owns the coolest bead shop where ancient artifacts share space with nuggets of turquoise, Fordite, dinosaur poop, and lots and lots of beads...do check it out if you're ever in the Brainerd area - The Bead Box), and finally picked up a pinch bail for my pendant.  It took me all of 30 seconds to put it together after that.


It goes that way sometimes, doesn't it?  It isn't always easy to find make the time to do for ourselves, but I think it's always worth it.

Will you find a little time today? 






8 comments:

Diane Sullivan Photography said...

beautiful!!

prpltrtl946 said...

You are AMAZING!! as usual!! 8*)

Tumus said...

I plan to make time to plant beebalm and zucchini and hopefully sand more drywall. Not as satisfactory as completing a project but close :)

Mousy Brown said...

Will now! Thanks for the reminder :D

ziezo said...

It's gorgeous!

Thanks for reminding us about finding time for ourselves. . . I rarely do that.

HollyM said...

Oh, that is so pretty!

Allisunny S. said...

Finished a cab 2 years in the making last weekend - my brain feels like it has more space now :)

Does yours, strangely?

xox,
A

Doreen Frost said...

BEAUTIFUL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails