Thursday, June 14, 2012

Woodland Pottery Workshop Aug. 4th and 5th


Friends, I am thrilled to share with you the first step down what feels like the "right path" for me.
I'm pleased to announce the very first workshop to be held right here under the poplar and pine.

Join me for a basic introduction to woodland pottery.

Aug. 4th - 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Aug. 5th - 9:00am to 1:00pm
class fee $40.


You may remember that this past fall I attended a class on woodland pottery, and how much I enjoyed it.  I really loved learning the history of, and how the Ojibwe people in this area constructed and used this pottery.   right from the earth.  Now we'll get the chance to make one of these beautifully functional vessels right here in my back yard.

We will lean how to dig clay, harvest tempering agents, construct a clay vessel, and fire it in my fire pit.  Nancy Foster will be on hand to walk us through the gathering of the clay, building of our pieces, and showing us how to add surface details using natural materials.   I will be demonstrating how to fire the pots on the second day of the workshop.  Ideally we would wait a week for the pots to dry before firing, but due to time constraints, and to make it easier for folks traveling from out of town, I've opted to have the firing the next day.

We'll dig in the dirt, and sit by the fire, and chat.  It's going to be great fun.  Light refreshments and snacks will be served both days of the workshop.  There will probably be a nature walk or two as well, and maybe if we're lucky the mushrooms will be popping out in the woods.  (I'll have the bug spray on the ready)

Read more details and secure your spot HERE.

If you'd like to pay by check, or if you have any questions, please contact me at lilfishstudios@gmail.com


I'm really looking forward to a fun weekend with new friends.  The chickens and ducks are pretty excited too and would love it if you'd help spread the word.  If you could share on facebook, tweet it, or tell your neighbor, we'd all really appreciate it.

Thanks all!  Let's have some fun!

5 comments:

Diane Sullivan Photography said...

Oh, sounds like such fun! Wish I were closer. So glad to hear you are playing more with clay and sharing your love of it with friends. Have a blast!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Wish I lived closer, sounds wonderful!

prpltrtl946 said...

Droooool! 8*)

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer, Louisiana is a long way from Brainerd. Have fun for me too.

joanie said...

WOW! You'll be a superb teacher - you're so inspiring. I hope this is the beginning of many workshops under the poplar and pine. Have great fun, I'll be there... in my dreams.
Jx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails