Tuesday, August 28, 2012

a new mushroom terrarium in the works

I've been doing some needling lately.  It's coming together slowly, but surely.

It's inspired by one of my favorite sights in the woods, the yellow Amanitas that should be popping up soon.  I'm done with the gills and am working on the spots.  I have a piece of poplar drying for the base and it will be nestled into a bed of moss in no time.  My 3 oldest kids return to school next week and I'm hopeful that it will give me just a bit more time (and precious, precious quiet) to finish up.

I've also started gathering some of the large acorns from the tree behind my clothesline.  She so generously provides the materials to make my little acorn ornaments.  I know a few of you have asked if I'll be making these this year, and the answer is yes.  If you'd like to secure one of your own, they're available for pre-order in my shop.


I've also made a few more wool acorns and added them to the shop as well.  It's that time of year and I love it.  I'm not so ready for that season that comes after, (the season that shall not be named) but I'll worry about that later

Today I'm off for a woods-wander with the kids.  It rained today and I'm hoping more mushrooms will have popped up.

Have a great day everyone.

8 comments:

Grey Catsidhe said...

I love the yellow amanitas too! What a treat to see that you're making one. How beautiful!

I've been gathering acorns as well. So many uses in arts and crafts!

Wendy said...

Hi! Nice to meet you.stumbled upon your blog few weeks back. Lovely blog and lovely craft work! ^^

Lynn said...

beautiful adorable incredibly sweet acorns ornaments! (but, darn, sold out!!) let me know if you make more!
thanks. it's just about the sweetest thing i've seen lately...

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I love to see your work on these, and also the attitude you assume toward your acorn tree. Does the Amanita have a little bite out of it? That's an unlucky creature!

Anonymous said...

PS. Did you know your page doesn't allow pinning to Pinterest from it? I get a lot of views and business via Pinterest, so you might want to look into it. If you're concerned about image theft, you can put tiny watermarks in a corner.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

knitsforlife - thank you! I pin from my blog all the time using the "pin it" button on my tool bar. I wonder why it isn't working for you? Thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous said...

I just tried it from the blog post instead of the main page and it works. Sorry to jump to conclusions!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

No worries! Glad it's working. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails