Monday, August 27, 2012

mushrooms on a Monday

If you've read this blog for any length of time you probably know that I'm a bit obsessed with mushrooms.  I love to read about them, eat them, dye with them, and craft their likenesses out of wool.  But I think that even for those that aren't interested in doing those things, fungi can be fascinating.  The variety of shapes, colors, and textures are stunning.  (Google "stinkhorn" sometime and check those out...wow)  For those of you that find them interesting, please enjoy a few photos from my walk in the woods yesterday.

  
 





 





 
Happy Monday, all.

6 comments:

Sally said...

Wow! The mushroom motherlode! Thanks for sharing!

lynn bowes said...

Wonder if I can find an agate that looks like that top photo . . .

These always just blow me away they are so gorgeous. We rarely get more than mushy little grey guys in this neck of the woods so something like these would be a special gift. Are most for looking and not eating? Too tempting.

xox

Chrissie said...

Wow, Lisa, they're gorgeous! So many varieties within walking distance. I love the colors and textures, even the space each chooses to call home. They're just beautiful-thank you for sharing these pictures.

The 3 Foragers said...

I have beentold those Pholiotas (the yellow, spiky topped ones with gills) dry really well and make nice additions to wreaths. The Tramates (turkey tail-agate looking ones) will also dry nicely between weights o prevent curling. Those I have seen made into jewelry like earrings and pendants. Love the photos!

k said...

so many gorgeous mushrooms! love the purple edge on those turkey tails.

many will curse me for wishing for rain, but i can't wait till mushroom season starts around here.

Kate Dolamore said...

Beautiful! I am also an admirer of mushrooms. You found some good ones... that one looks like a little gnome with a beard, and the ones with the bugs make me extra happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails