Monday, February 25, 2013

exhaltation of the barnacle

This odd little stone turned up on my worktable yesterday.  The first black stone I've done and the first with a barnacle.

 I drilled holes in the barnacle so I could sew it to the stone, and tucked a pearly bead from an old necklace inside it.  It gives a little rattle when you move it around.  I put a little collar of wool around the barnacle so it's just peeking out.


The stitches started to remind me of a butterfly wing and I thought that this was a very fancy barnacle, indeed.  Finished,it almost reminds me of an octopus head with an all-seeing eye.

This, and another stone or two, and a stone necklace or two will be in my next shop update on Thursday evening.  I'll post the exact time here on my blog, and announce it on facebook and twitter as well.

Have an excellent start to the week, everyone.

7 comments:

prpltrtl946 said...

This is so wonderful!! I can hardly contain myself!! Someone is going to be very happy on Thursday!! 8*)

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

What a mesmirizing piece to start the week with, wow ! I'm sure it'll find a happy owner in seconds !
xoxo

Els said...

This is very special Lisa, a little wonder !

Laura said...

Love it! I hope to see more barnacles in the future. :)

Margie Oomen said...

you are the very best stone dresser around. we should hold our own little award ceremony for stones.

julochka said...

somehow, i read this as exhalation of the barnacle and thought you had rigged up a way of having a little geyser of water coming up out of the stone...regardless of my apparently degraded ability to read my native language, it's incredible!!

joanie said...

You are on a roll! Have you grown four more sets of arms and hands? It's another beauty, love the pearly bead peeking out.
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails