Friday, February 01, 2013

completed stone - eim in South Dakota

 A new stone completed.  This one sent to me from South Dakota by Amy and her daughter.  Amy's note described her daughter as being beautiful, and a girl who has a huge heart for others, animals, and nature.  I could feel the pride in that note and knew I had to incorporate a heart into her stone in some way.


I took my cue from the tiny sprawling mosses and stitched a grouping in a natural heart shape.
 

 

Thank you, Amy and E, for sending the stone to me.  It made me feel proud to work on it.

If you'd like to send a stone to me for my project, please see this post HERE.

Have a great weekend, everyone!


10 comments:

Stephane in AK said...

And what a beautiful, naturally-occurring looking heart it is!

feltingandotherrandomthoughts said...

Wonderful

prpltrtl946 said...

This is so amazing to follow! I love how each stone is so totally unique! Beautiful! 8*)

Jenny said...

I have GOT to get on sending you my stone.....these are all so beautiful and each one so unique. Every time you show a new one, I think, "This one is my favorite" and then you wow me with another.

Mousy Brown said...

They all look so perfect together too - so different but harmonious!

Anonymous said...

Well, how do I begin to say thank you? Your stitched design on "our" stone has captured the heart of my daughter. Simple and naturally beautiful. Could I be bias? Oh yah! Thank you for sharing your talents. You're a blessing. Thank you so much!

pam said...

This project must be deeply satisfying in so many ways.It is a gift to all of us that you have allowed us to share in it.

HollyM said...

I love the colors and textures in this one and I like that you have to look for the heart. It seems natural.

joanie said...

This is pretty.... pretty darn gorgeous.
Hope you had a happy weekend!

Unknown said...

I love this story -- such a wonderful thing for a Mother and daughter to do. And what amazing words about a special girl by her Mom!!

Are you still looking for stones? If you are, my 6 year old and I will be going for a hike in the Canadian Rockies to choose the perfect one.

So inspiring!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails