I've been dreaming of doing a larger-scale project involving my stitched stones. I'm imagining a collection of a hundred or so displayed together, and what a delicious collection of color and texture that would be. The idea has been percolating for a while and something that I keep coming back to is that I'd somehow like to get 'you' involved. I feel such a sense of community with you that read my blog, or stop by on facebook or flickr or twitter; with those of you that share a sense of wonder towards nature and an appreciation for the work that comes from hand and heart.
So while I go forward with my project, I ask if any of you would like to join in by sending me a stone.
Send me a stone and I will felt it, embroider it, stitch your initials and location (state, country, etc.) on the bottom and share "your" stone here on my blog when I've finished it. When the project is completed, I hope to find a place to have all of the stones displayed. The thought of all those stones... your stones, my work, nestled together with others, and what that represents makes my chest swell with happiness.
If you'd like to join in, please read the details below. If you know anyone else who would like to take part, I'd love it if you would share this with them too.
- Stones that are between 3/4" to 3" long work best.
- Stones that have a smooth or mostly smooth surface work best.
- I can't refund postage costs.
- Please include a note with your stone with your initials, location, and your name and blog or website if you'd like me to share it when I post your completed stone. If you'd like to tell me about where you found your stone, I'd love to hear that too.
- A few of you have asked if you can get your stone back when the project is completed. At this stage I can't commit to getting your stone back in your hands. If, at the end of this, the stones go up for sale then I would like to give you first dibs on your stone, but right now I'm not sure where this project will end up.
- Please mail the stones to:
PO Box 338
Garrison, MN 56450
Thank you so much!