Friday, November 16, 2012

pond scum bracelet

Trying my hand at a new surface for my stitching.  I've wanted to make bracelets for a while now so I finally set the stones aside and started one.  I showed it to my husband and he said "Oh, you're putting your pond scum on a bracelet?  Cool.

I laughed.  He didn't intend it to be derogatory, (though in the future, darling, try to avoid the word 'scum', just to be safe) my work is reflective of all of those odd little bits in nature.  Pond scum included.  It is, after all, my very favorite color in the world.

With luck, I'll have some pictures of a completed pond scum bracelet to share soon.

Have a great weekend, all.

9 comments:

Gretel said...

Pond scum is one of my favourite colours!

Anonymous said...

Pond scum is your favorite color??? Lisa, you are just too funny!

Pauline

joanie said...

I bet pond scum looks great on you!
;)

You have a great weekend too.
xo

liniecat said...

Bless him............wit like that is going to get him in bother!!
Greens are wonderful!! Nice idea too lol

prpltrtl946 said...

I think Pond Scum as a color name is PERFECT!!! Because we ALL know the EXACT shade of green you are talking about!! 8*)

I also have decided that you really are magic!! Everything you touch becomes beautiful!! I can't wait to see the finished Pond Scum Bracelet!! 8*)

You are AMAZING! 8*)

Anonymous said...

beautiful pond scum creation!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pond scum creation!

Annie Cholewa said...

What's the felt formed around here Lisa? Somehow it looks quite weighty, unlike its namesake!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks so much, everyone!

Annie - it's solid felt. I needle-felted a bracelet shape and then wet-felted it a little to smooth it out. It was fairly firm to begin with but once the stitching was done, it became even more so. Nice and sturdy, for felt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails