Friday, November 30, 2012

the stone project begins

My stone project is officially underway.  I started off with my own stone, stitched this past weekend while having tea with a friend.  My initials and a sloppy "Minnesota" are stitched on the bottom.  I'm hoping my word stitching improves with practice.


My friend Julie visited me this summer and brought with her a baggie of sea stones.  Her stone has been felted and I've begun stitching.

Though I didn't really expect any stones to be here already, I checked the mail yesterday and there it was, my first mailed stone!  I was so excited I was grinning like a fool walking out of the post office.

Thank you to everyone who has sent stones on the way.  I can't wait to see them.

If you know anyone else who would like to send a stone my way, I'd love it if you'd share.  The more stones the merrier.
The original post, explaining what I'm doing is HERE.

Have a fantastic weekend!
 

7 comments:

prpltrtl946 said...

Yea!! I forgot that you need to lug those stones too!! Are you ready for your weight lifting to begin? lol 8*)

joanie said...

They're looking beautiful, loving the colours already. Must get me stone posted still, but I will!
xo

French Nanny said...

Do you use a circular needle to stitch on the stones?

Penny
x

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks girls! I'm getting my biceps fired up.

Penny - no, I use a smallish straight needle.

Lisa said...

I am going to send you a stone! But instead of my name could you put my grandson's name? He collects rocks from everywhere we go and I think he would love to have his name on it we live in WV do you have that state yet?

julochka said...

oh how exciting! i can't wait to see "my" stone all done! :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful project!! I'm preparing one of my stones to send you!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails