Tuesday, November 20, 2012

sparkly kate snowflakes

Aren't these little snowflakes just adorable?  My friend Kate made these and I had to do a little bragging on her behalf because I just love them.  I've known Kate for 20+ years.  Oh the stories she could tell about me (but wouldn't dare, because I have stories too).

She's a busy working mom of three who wanted to find a way to donate her time.  I know full-well how hard that can be with little ones around.  She started making these little snowflakes and donating $2 from each sale to the Whole Kids Foundation, an organization that supports school gardens and healthier school lunch options.  That resonated with me and I immediately ordered 3.

They're so delicate and really beautiful.  I had planned to tie these on holiday gifts but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to at least keep the pewter one.  (it's my favorite)

It's Cat's favorite too.

If you're interested in a little handmade goodness of your own, please stop by Kate's Etsy shop HERE.
You might want to hurry before she realizes she's charging too little for these and raises her prices. (which you should totally do, Kate)

Thanks everyone!
Happy Tuesday!


9 comments:

CanadianNuRV said...

I am really enjoying reading your blog. It's something that I stumbled upon recently, and I love the things that you do. I have mentioned you and linked you in my blog. I thought I should let you know.

S in AK said...

They're *beautiful* ; and they're already gone. :)

Els said...

I think you did a good job recommending her shop : it's empty ! Good for her ;-)
(btw I linked your stone tutorial through ;-) !)

Elderberry-Rob said...

what a clever friend, they are ver pretty - I imagine a lot of them hanging from fishing line would be really effective in a window.

Margie Oomen said...

so pretty

leavemeaphoto said...

Simply w o n de r fu l !!!

You are a very great gift in your hands and in your heart.
Thanks of all!

leavemeaphoto said...

Sorry, you HAVE... not are :|

Anonymous said...

She is too cheap! Those must take hours to make!

Thanks for letting us know about the shop Lisa!

You have awesome friends. :)

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks so much, everyone! :D

Karen, you're right, I do have awesome friends. Amazing, talented, giving, wonderful friends. Some of whom I've never met but feel as if I have. (like you) One of the many things I am grateful for, every single day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails