Saturday, August 16, 2014

I did indeed find my peeps

I was very flattered to be featured in the new issue of Her Voice magazine, a seasonal insert in our local paper.  Her Voice is a magazine by women, for women, about women and it's always fun to look through and see what other women in our community are up to.  The article about me was written by Kathy Krueger, a freelance writer who I've gotten to know in the past few months through my job at The Crossing Arts Alliance, and she did a wonderful job.  She made me sound much more interesting than I actually am.

I was photographed by Joey Halvorson, another new friend from The Crossing.  Only for her would I pose with wool birds on my head.  Only for Joey.

In the article I talk about how much it meant to me to find the creative souls in our community (my peeps) and to be able to find a job working with so many of them.  I'm lucky in so many ways, friends.  Though my days are long and life is not always easy, I *am* so lucky to have found my peeps both in town and here in this blog.

Thank you for reading.  And for being my peeps.



10 comments:

Joanie said...

You're the cutest! I'm finally stealing a little time for catching up. You're looking radiant as ever. Hope you've been able to enjoy a little time with your small peeps too this summer. X

Karen Larko said...

Congrats Lisa! You look amazing!

Unknown said...

Only you look beautiful and regal with a bird on your head!! Believe me, I've tried :-) ... >( ')>

Terriea Kwong said...

Lovely pose and lovely exposure. Congrats !

Inspired By June said...

How fun! Congrats, Lisa!

lynn bowes said...

Love and admiration from your Nebraska Peep.

Barb said...

Lisa, congratulations!!! Is Her Voice in today's paper??

prpltrtl946 said...

Thank you for being so easy to admire!!! Rock On Lisa!!! <3 8*)

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Oh gosh, thank you ladies!!

Barb, I think it was in Wednesday's paper. :)

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

You beautiful, adorable, talented, gifted you !!!
Well done, what an awesome article !
I'm proud of you, sweetie !
oxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails