Tuesday, August 12, 2014

oh Robin


I cried last night for a man I didn't know.
Who seemingly had the world on a string.
A brilliant mind, hugely talented, successful.
It's hard to reconcile then, why he would take his own life.

Depression is a lying bitch and she doesn't discriminate.

So many in the creative community are followed by the Black Dog.
Even those that may seem to have it all may be trying to tame that mutt.
Let's be kind.  Let's be helpful. Let's be there.

Squeezing all of you tight today.





7 comments:

Studio Paars said...

Thank you for your words.

I remember a few years ago, when dutch actor Antonie Kamerling comitted suicide I felt dazed: I tried to get my head around how someone who seems to have it all could do something like this. It made me think of all the people I know personally who I think are going through similar emotions behind closed doors but put on a brave face in public. It's hard to think about because it makes you feel so helpless. But it is important stuff. So thank you.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonie_Kamerling )

Bonkers About Buttons said...

you made me cry with your beautiful words - big squeeze back to you x

StaroftheEast said...

Yes, there is a correlation between creativity and depression, surprisingly enough.
I wonder if it has been studied properly.
Hugs to you too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you…."a lying bitch" what a great phrase, I have never thought about it that way before…

Unknown said...

Such beautiful words, such deep truth!

I too feel this loss and wonder how it could even be possible. He was an amazing man, and this really does show how one truly never knows what goes on behind closed doors.

prpltrtl946 said...

beautifully expressed! Big hugs back to you!!

srsaeaa@gmail.com said...

He seemed like such a sweet, kind soul.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails