Monday, December 19, 2011

a bed on the bench


An unusually warm December day.  A few hours to myself in the barn.  A few lengths of lumber, my saw, sander, and drill.  Some instructions and a naughty dog who likes to steal from my scrap bin.  He was sassy and ran off with one of my pieces of 1 x 3.  I made do.

Eventually a doll bed stood on my workbench, heavy and sturdy, and ready to be puttied and painted and outfitted with linens.


This will be my goal for today.  I'll need the little girl to nap so I can work and I need a chance to clear my head anyway, so I think a nice long walk in the woods is in order.

It's unlikely I'll finish everything on my holiday to-do list, but I'm going to have to be okay with that. 

Have a good and peaceful start to the week, everybody. 

13 comments:

Kitty Wilkin said...

Awesome! That looks great! I have begun to come to terms with not finishing everything on my holiday to do list, and have started to pare down my revised to-do list to make it attainable! Life goes on :) This is a gorgeous bed!, and all in a day!

Karen Larko said...

Wow! What a beautiful little bed! Nice work Lisa.

Margie Oomen said...

now furniture maker
what can't this beautiful woman do!!!

Marilyn said...

my saw, my sander, my drill,...a bed on the bench...we can only be in Lisa's place...can't wait to see the linens...

lynn bowes said...

you never fail to impress, chica.

Anonymous said...

LOL at Margie's comment !
I need to come spend a week or two at your place
and you'll teach me all of your skills
(now, I think it might take way more than a week or two !!!)
You're the best !
xoxo

Unknown said...

Lisa, your efforts are sure to bring delight to your little ones. Merry Christmas -sus

Anonymous said...

Can I place an order for my bed next? Nothing as fancy as this one. Just a simple Captain's bed with storage drawers on the bottom. Nothing fancy. Oh, and don't worry about linens. I got that.

Tumus said...

When your daughter looks back on her early life and is asked, "What was your favorite handmade possession?" She's going to have a hell of a hard time picking just one. :)

Best. Christmas. So Far.

This is My Life said...

You amaze me:)

k said...

You say you're not getting everything on your list done, but I think you are doing an amazing job at all that you have done, and you should be very proud - and your kids too, of their multi-talented mama! This bed looks awesome; my dad built me a doll bed when I was little and it was such a great toy.

Tara said...

Lisa, it's beautiful and I can't imagine a better toy for a little girl. I can't wait to see it with its linens. You make me want to pick up a hammer and nails.

joanie said...

I have such power-tool envy. The bed is beautiful and little E will adore it. Fantastic job Wonderwoman!
Jx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails