Wednesday, May 14, 2014

'bobs here for a visit

Two wide-eyed little 'bobs from beyond the woods arrived yesterday.  Sent to me by their creator, Kit Lane, to spend time under my sewing needles.  I think word must have gotten out, hence their startled expressions.

I'm not sure when I'll get to these little two but I'll try not to make it too long.  I'd hate to torture them with the anticipation. (that's always the worst, isn't it?  the waiting?)

Some of their brothers have gone before them.  You can see them here and here.


In unrelated news, the Tuesday farmer's market opened yesterday in the parking lot where I work.  It was pretty darn chilly out there and I admired the growers' pluck for sticking it out.  I did my part and bought a block of mushroom spawn for growing wine cap mushrooms, some big beautiful basil plants, a jar of raspberry jalapeno jam, and a block of locally made goat gouda.  Mmmmm and mmm.  Tuesdays are a day to look forward to.

Have a great day, everyone. 


3 comments:

Inspired By June said...

Lucky! Wish I had a Farmer's Market in my "backyard." Saturday mornings are a hard sell around here, lol! Can't wait to see how you adorn those 'bobs! Very fun, Lisa!

Jessica Jo said...

Everything about this post makes me pine for living where you do. Our Market season is July - October and that's it! And our market has not nearly the range yours does.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Jessica Jo - our farmer's market is small but mighty. We're really lucky in that we have a number of really outstanding local foods advocates working to bring not only the market but farm to schools programs and local food to one of our best restaurants too. It makes me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails