Saturday, December 05, 2009

Checking in on the Acorn Rainbow - December 2009

It's been a month since I last checked in on my acorn rainbow project.  As anticipated, there isn't much acorn activity to be seen now that the snow has started to fall, but the soft powder that covered the stump was incredibly sparkly and beautiful today.  The kind of snow in which you can see each individual snowflake... a visual treat for sure.


Some wee woodland creature scampered right across the stump and left his mark.  Perhaps he's the little bandit that's been running off with the acorns.  I hope he has them strung up like Christmas lights in his den somewhere.


I'll check back in on the acorn rainbow in the spring, and I'm already curious to know if any remain.

 
Until then...

2 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

ooooh thank you so much for keeping us posted about the installation ! I'm so loving it !
Ahah I can picture a little woodland creature, stealing your rainbow acorns, then stringing them to make Christmas lights ! :D
Hoping you're doing fine (and that your toe is better) oxoxo big hugs

Marchi Wierson said...

I have wondered about those acorns. It seems like my mind would have other things more pressing than thinking about the fate of your acorns. brains are funny!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails