Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yes Deer



We had visitors today.  I was sitting in the living room with the kids, making a blanket fort when the mighty four year old said "Look mommy... deer."  Sure enough, there were two deer casually sauntering past our window.  The boys stayed quiet and still (I was so proud of them) while I dove for my camera. 



They carefully picked their way through the back yard, past the chicken coop, and to the trail that runs through the back woods and off into the county land.  



We commonly see their footprints in the driveway, but rarely see them out in the open during the day; and never this close to the house, so this was a real treat. 

9 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

awww precious, Lisa !
I've never seen a deer far or close *for real* but in photos ... it must have felt like *magic* :)
xoxoxo

Kar said...

How cute! My inlaws up in Longville have them walking through their yard all the time. It's always so nice to sit out on the upper deck and just watch them pass through. What a treat!

xxxx

Neuroknitter said...

Wow!! What a special treat!

Magnolia Handspun said...

Just found your blog thru Neuro knitter...such beautiful creativity...I love your work, I'll be back.

NanaBeast said...

It has been 8 years since deer have come in our yard (we live in town) and I miss it so much. These photos are better than any I was able to take in the past. Aren't these creatures just gorgeous? Their color, shape, movement...heavenly. Thanks so much for sharing. I think I use one for my desktop photo, if that is alright with you?

Patricia said...

Neuro knitter braught me here too ;)
I love everything you make!
I live in the Netherlands, but we have also a haus in Hungary.
Next week we are there and then I hope that I have my camera with me when I see them.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Wow, we never see them out during the day. Great job catching them in the lens!

Margie Oomen said...

i had a very lovely close encounter with a doe in the forest last week
I was trying so hard to be quiet that I didn't take my camera out

ZenCrafter said...

I have to share our deer-sighting. The kids and I were sitting at the dining table the other night, and we heard a big thunk. We looked out the sliding glass door and a deer was staring at us from the deck!! So now we know that deer can climb stairs. The deers in our neighborhood are plentiful and absolutely fearless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails