Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day 2010!


Thank you to my awesome customers who helped me raise $45. for the Earth Day Network yesterday!  Hooray!!

Happy Earth Day, everyone!

In celebration of Earth Day's 40th year, I'm offering a limited number of "earth acorns" in my shop.  The full dollar value from each sale will be donated to the Earth Day Network.  From their website:

"Earth Day Network was founded on the premise that all people, regardless of race, gender, income, or geography, have a moral right to a healthy, sustainable environment. Our mission is to broaden and diversify the environmental movement worldwide, and to mobilize it as the most effective vehicle for promoting a healthy, sustainable environment. We pursue our mission through a combination of education, public policy, and activism campaigns."

Acorns symbolize patience, potential, and strength which seems fitting on this day of activism.  The acorns are made of wool, which is a sustainable material, real caps picked from the forest floor, and a hemp ribbon so it can be tied as an ornament or even worn around the neck.

The kidlets and I will be doing some repurposing projects today and will share our goings-on with you tomorrow. 

If you haven't already, you may want to check out the EcoEtsy Earth Day Auction.  Score yourselves some beautiful handmade and eco-friendly goodies while helping us raise money for environmental charities.



I hope you all get a chance to do one small thing today, whether that be tossing an errant bottle in the recycle bin instead of leaving it at the curb, choosing to buy local produce, or bringing your own reusable bag to the store.  Big or small, I'd love to hear what you did, so please share.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Catherine Ivins said...

Happy Earth Day Lisa!

xo- Cat :)
www.olivebites.com

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Happy Earth Day my friend :)
Your acorns are a real celebration & your gesture is more than honorable. You make this planet such a better place. xoxox hugs

Mona said...

Happy Earth Day to you too!
Every day is Earth Day for me, so I just do my usual business :)
Now I'll go and put my laundry on the line in my garden - don't have a dryer :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails