Thursday, April 01, 2010

Thoreau


It's a full day already today.  Real life is pressing.  The kids are sick, the laundry needs to be done.   There won't be much time (if any) for creating and escape.  I'm sneaking my time right now with a cuppa coffee in hand, leftover pasta, and a few moments at the computer.

This is life.

I'm thinking of a quote from Thoreau, one that I've kept in my head for years, and it comforts me.

"All that I could say, then, with respect to farming on a large scale—I have always cultivated a garden—was, that I had had my seeds ready. Many think that seeds improve with age. I have no doubt that time discriminates between the good and the bad; and when at last I shall plant, I shall be less likely to be disappointed."

I've been working on a few projects as of late, some old, some new.  The variety is at once exciting and overwhelming.  I'm eager to finish something, and have a feeling they will all come together at once.  (Sometimes I feel like a plate spinner...spin spin spin this one, then run to the next.)  I can't wait to show you what I've been working on.  Soon.

Happy Thursday everyone!

9 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

oh boy, sorry about the sick little ones, I feel your pain, my friend. It's already 4.15pm over here, now, and it's been busy too. In fact, I must already leave for grabbing both boys.
Thoreau's quote is so beautiful & true, thanks for sharing it.
I know everything will happen when it should. I believe in you & always wonder how you do it all. So, hats off, girl. And good luck for your day.
oxoxoxoxo

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I hope you do find some time to yourself, today, though it sounds unlikely. I love this brooch to death, Lisa. I send hugs and good thoughts to the little ones. I can't wait to see everything you've been working on, it sounds like you've been way busy :)

Cal said...

I do love Thoreau!
"Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness - give me truth."
xo

Scrapiana said...

When life de-stymies you again, you'll be right there and ready.

Another Thoreau quote that I love:

'Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse.'

And, less edifying but still invaluable:

'Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes.'

Hope the kids are better soon. As for the laundry, ignore it a little longer. If it grows mushrooms, they will surely inspire you. ;D

Patty said...

Oh so sorry, I hope the kids get better soon! C'est la vie.

Kim van Waardenburg said...

I hope your kids will be better soon and I regocnise in your craftiness. I feel the same in my case:) So many plans, so many things to do, where to start, hihihihi

Dunia said...

Hope Your kids will be better soon!

Brooch is amazing!!!!

Margie Oomen said...

hoping for a rapid recovery for the children
and creative time for mom and dad.
With the time you do have lisa you never cease to amaze us.
hugs,
margie

Julia-Rose said...

It's good to know that even amazing and inspiring crafty people struggle with finding the time to do their art. Looking at all your beautiful posts, it feels like you live in a tranquil, arty and blissful life...something I'm always working toward, and so far from what I've got! lol I'm sorry your babes are sick and you've got to spread yourself thin, but I know you will simply juggle a few things around so everything can fall peacefully into place like it should. Good luck :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails