Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mail Love


I received an amazing, AMAZING, bit of mail love yesterday and just had to share it.  My friend Lynn, ( silverwork on Etsy) is a very talented metalsmith and I had asked her if it would be possible to make me a brooch out of a tiny fish fossil that I had (from MWNaturesAntiquities also on Etsy).  I didn't know what was possible with the soft limestone, but Lynn said she'd give it a whack. 

What I received is pure art, and I was gobsmacked when I opened the box. 


There was my fish, surrounded in copper (love!) and finished with feathers.  Fish, chicken feathers, and copper?  Yes please!  Around the outside she had stamped "On the fifth day he made the fish and fowl".


I love that she included the sketch of her idea too.

I honestly can't decide whether to wear this or hang it on my wall as art.  Perhaps both.    

Lynn has a photo of the brooch on her blog, too, which I didn't see until after I received it so I was completely surprised.  Yay!

Thank you Lynn!   

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful...a real treasure in so many ways.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love those feathers! Are they from your chickies? Such a treasure. You could display it on the wall and wear it!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thank you ladies. :D

Britt - the feathers came from a little red hen down the lane from Lynn. Isn't that cool?

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

How awesome!

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Oh my GOODness! I am in love with your brooch. Completely smitten. It makes me all twitchy with envy :)

Beautiful, stunning, meaningful work, Lynn.

xo

Margie Oomen said...

that is so original and fantastic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails