That little mushroom I showed you in yesterday's post has been completed. It was inspired by the bicolor bolete (as clever Karen noticed yesterday), a lovely and edible mushroom. I took a little liberty with the hue (hey, that's an artist's prerogative).
I added a slimy little friend, who I adore. I had so much fun making him that I actually giggled while needling him into place.
I also added some pebbles and sporophytes in the moss, a signature touch for me.
I set this one into a piece of chokecherry from our woods.
You can see I'm gradually working a little larger. Just wait until you see the next piece I'm working on. It involves these:
This one will take me a little while to finish but hopefully I'll have a good start on it by this weekend. I can't wait to show you when it's done.
Enjoy your day, everyone.