Monday, April 01, 2013

new brooches and zen

A few finished brooches are on my table.  The wood bases made this weekend from walnut, hickory, mahogany (a new one for me), and a piece of chokecherry.
 
 I always say that working at the sander and saw brings me a little bit of zen.  It was really cool to see that same thing happen for my 7 year old when he turned his first piece of wood on the lathe yesterday (closely supervised of course).  Who knows, perhaps we'll need to make a little more room at the workbench soon.

I'm planning to have another shop update soon, after I get a few more pieces completed.  Details to come.

Hope you all have a great start to your week.  Find some zen.


5 comments:

srsaeaa@gmail.com said...

Zen is good! "Way to go," to your 7-year-old. : )

lynn bowes said...

Your lightning bolt.
Oh my.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa just wanted to say that all of your brooches are just awesome! Not only are you very artistic but you are an amazing photographer.Some times it is so hard to get detailed pictures of jewelry.You do it so well!

Allisunny S. said...

the thunderstorm: I die. I miss lightning so much - we had a few strikes around here a few nights ago, a once a year occurrence and oh how I relished them :)

xoxoxo
A

Margie Oomen said...

i would love to come try out your form of zen sometime. Is there room for me too at the bench?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails