Thursday, December 02, 2010

Thinking Out Loud


I'll be closing my Etsy shop tonight and will re-open sometime in the new year.  If there's anything you've been eyeing that you'd like to get...

The temperature outside while I write this is at zero.  It makes me feel kind of hopeful, like all we can do is go up from here.


I'm looking forward to starting on some projects for us.  I found a pack of burlap feed sacks at the feed store this week and plan to make stockings, ala Maya.

After seeing Nini's messenger bag, I'm thinking I need to make a couple of those as well. 

One of my younger chickens has started laying the most beautiful speckled eggs.  Within just the past few weeks her butt has gotten really fluffy and you can really tell she's a laying hen.  I whispered in her ear (well, in the general vicinity of her ear) "It's OK, lots of us get big butts when we mature.  It happens.  Some guys like it, in fact, Roger the rooster has been giving you the eye..."


I'm looking forward to getting presents wrapped, boxes off to friends, and putting up a few decorations around the house.  Gosh, I have so many things I want to do!  It makes me feel really happy that I'm giving myself the time to do it. 

I hope to have that birch bark tutorial for you up on Saturday while I am strolling No Coast Craft-o-Rama looking at handmade goodness and eating a gyro.  (note:  I haven't had a gyro in years and I love them.  I miss them.  I will have them.) 

I have a number of wood-working projects to do out in the (un-heated) barn.  I'll have to get the woodstove fired up in there first just so I have a place to warm my hands when they can no longer bend.  Non-bendy fingers and band saws don't mix.

Someone needs some coffee.  That would be me.  Have a great day, everyone.

7 comments:

ZenCrafter said...

Oh, Lisa, you make me smile! I was just thinking that same thought this morning as I was at Toys R Us (shudder; some toys cannot be made from felted sweaters, wool roving, and crewel wool)--I'm so lucky that I have the time and resources to do this right now. Enjoy your December, and I hope it's all upward temps from here on out. (We can hope.)

Wear Your Wild said...

Have a wonderful holiday! Sounds like you'll be busy.
xo

Cori Lynn Berg said...

What a lovely pic of the nest in the tea cup! I always love stopping by your blog, Lisa! It's like taking a walk in the woods....

Tumus said...

We've been considering hens for eggs, but as we live in the 'Burbs I don't think our neighbors would really like that thought. But I was curious if you could point me in the direction of some good books on raising hens and such.
Maybe one day we'll be out far enough that i can have those chicks and their little eggs too, cackle cackle cackle!

Margie Oomen said...

can't wait for that tutorial.
I am on the look out for good bark.

Regina Moore said...

Lisa,
Just a quick note...I received my brooch today. I LOVE it! It is gorgeous, as I expected it would be. Also, please thank you little one for the extra...I have the little blue bean nest hanging in my office. So cute!

Unknown said...

that is so funny about the fluffy bum! :) must be working great for her speckled eggs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails