Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chick And Bunny Eggs


The kids and I worked on our Easter Eggs yesterday and I wanted to share some pics of what we made.  We had so much fun making these and the kids had so much fun playing with them afterwards... who needs toys when you have eggs on hand, right?


I dyed some white eggs using turmeric to get the lovely yellow color but the brown ones are au naturale.  We simply painted some dots on for eyes then glued on ears and beaks from scrap fabric.  Bunny tails were made of little tufts of wool.


A piece of toilet paper tube makes a swell holder while you're glueing.



There's even a cyclops chick.  I have a 12-year old boy...that should explain it.



Hey you two, I already have tons of eggs around here so cut it out!


The bunny butt lineup.



I can't wait to see where the Easter bunny hides these little guys.

Happy Saturday everyone.

7 comments:

Tara said...

These are super cute. There you go again, mixing fibres with another media. Happy Easter!

Amy said...

Very cute! Love the bunny rabbits.

NanaBeast said...

This post has made the beginning of an extremely full day start with a giggle. I love Cyclops chick!

Pesky Cat Designs said...

These are fantastic Lisa! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Peep, Peep, so sweet. xox corrine

Margie Oomen said...

your household has the most fun

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

the cyclop egg
that's my nephew !!!!!! ;-)
PS : you're the best mama
oxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails