Thursday, February 07, 2013

a textural stone necklace

A peek at something you'll be seeing in my shop soon, a stone for wearing.

I made this one for myself to wear when I visited my friend Kit this past weekend.  As an aside, do you know Kit? You should, she's utterly delightful.  Here is her flickr stream. Her adorable little jacabobs sell like lightning in her Etsy shop.   You have to have speedy fingers to get one but once you do, trust me, you'll want more.  Her other work with the skulls and oddness make me indescribably happy.  And do check out her Jabba the hut as a child.  Awesome.

 Anyway, most of the stones you saw yesterday are headed off to my Art-o-Mat edition but a few will be strung up for wearing.

In related news, my 6 year old wants to play the ukulele.  He's subtly suggested I should make more stones so I can buy him one. (oh so subtle)  I'd better get to it.

Have a great day, everyone.

8 comments:

Zoma said...

Oooo, I love the necklace!

lynn bowes said...

Lovely stones and as another aside, I bought myself a ukulele for Christmas. It's SO. MUCH. FUN!!! Baby needs a ukulele.

Els said...

Love it, Lisa!!!

Michelle said...

The necklace stone looks like a lovely little seascape!

Kim said...

Wow, it is beautiful!

Mona said...

Such a sweet necklace!

Anonymous said...

I am a collector of stones as well! I can't seem to have enough of them and so many hold memories..the first place my son and I camped when he was two, for example. I love what you are doing with these. This necklace is stunning! Keep up the great work!

Margie Oomen said...

stones for musical instruments
that sounds perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails