Tuesday, February 12, 2013

decidedly un-stone-like

Well look at that.  After saying just yesterday that sooner or later I'd do something un-stone-like, here we are.  This un-stone-like activity was a last-minute solution to a call of "mom, tomorrow is dress up like your favorite book character day".  Emphasis on tomorrow.  At 6 o'clock last night.

So I set down the stones and picked up some green and white wool.  The egg whites are felted sweater wool, as is the inside of the ham.  Needling furiously I was almost finished when my boy, looking at me with those sweet eyes, said "you're doing so well mom, but it needs a fork".  

Seriously?  It needs a fork?

  It got a fork.  That is galvanized metal wire that I bent and glued down into the ham.   It left indents which I covered up with more wool.  A piece of felt was slapped on an ice cream bucket lid, food glued down, and we have ourselves a plate worthy of my Sam-I-Am.  I made a little strap underneath so he could hold it comfortably.

phew

Now, back to those stones.

11 comments:

ellenceleste said...

Terrific looking green eggs and ham. And just in time for Dr. Seuss' birthday next month. If you were close to _my_ media center, I'd ask to borrow it amd make a display around it. But, alas, Florida is a long way away. Maybe your son's librarian would like to do that.

lynn bowes said...

You are a genius. Or an elf who can whip things up overnight. Just a suggestion - keep the ice cream bucket as he will be telling you tomorrow night that he needs a Valentine Mailbox Thursday morning.

xox

Miss M said...

cute ! cute !
:)

Evelyn said...

My day doesn't really start until I get your email. I am so in love with your stones! Please know that there are many of us who never write you but still need you.

prpltrtl946 said...

...and then there are those who are convinced that you really are magic!!! 8*)

Truly Myrtle said...

Fantastic :) of course it needed a fork!!!

liniecat said...

Brilliant thinkign on your feet that lol but I have to ask.......what character did said son dress up as?

Scrapiana said...

Genius!

LisaW said...

Oh my kids loved it!

A Little Creation said...

It's time like this that make me want to "hug" my child until she turns blue!! Have you tried to build a Space Elevator for the science fair?
Chris =]

Margie Oomen said...

you are such an awesome mom lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails