Tuesday, October 08, 2013

completed stone - ks in Minnesota

 It's been many months since I last finished a stone for my project.  Life got very busy and I set it aside for a while, but it was always in the back of my mind.  I found myself reaching into the box this weekend and pulled out this stone sent to me by Kristin who writes the delightful blog Kleas.
I had the pleasure of meeting Kristin in person one summer at her cabin on the lake.  She was such a warm, genuine person.  We talked about mushrooms and watched as the kids splashed in the water.  It was a lovely visit.
Kristin included some plant-dyed wool and a small doily in her package so I incorporated those in her stone.  The doily sits just under the surface of the pretty blue wool and my stitches roughly highlight its shape.  The inspiration for this stone came from the feeling that Kristin has the ability to encircle people in light.  The stitches did the work from there.


The gathering of stones grows.  Slowly, but it grows.



3 comments:

Ariadne said...

I am looking forward to seeing what you will make with mine!AriadnefromGreece!

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

What a lovely stone, before and after.
It's a joy to see your project grow.
Sending you warm hugs. xoxo

Margie Oomen said...

so wonderful how you transform these special stones

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails